Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Spaghetti Squash Gift-The Recipe and The Manifestation

The spaghetti squash gift. 




Even though your desires seem to go unnoticed by the universe, enjoy your life anyway just the way it is. Faith, surrender, and gratitude, those desires will manifest in ways you never imagined.


I love spaghetti squash. Here is how I fix it
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Lightly oil a baking sheet
  3. Cut squash in half from stem to blossom end (lengthwise) and soup out seeds and pulp
  4.  Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
  5. Place cut side down on the prepared baking dish
  6. Bake for 35-50 minutes ovens temps vary. I do 50 minutes because I am high in altitude.

Spaghetti squash grows really well in my clay soil. Each plant  I grew had 6-7 nice yellow spaghetti squashes. Last year the squash bug got my crop of pumpkins so I opted not to grow any kind of squash this year. While shopping at a local nursery in late spring, I was attracted to a beautiful banana squash plant  in a small pot. I bought it and planted out back away from the garden hoping the squash bug would not see it. The squash bugs came anyway and I had to pick them off one by one and also scrape off the eggs deposited on the backs of the leaves and stems. To my surprise after 3 weeks of picking off the bugs, they stopped visiting. The plant flourished with our nourishing monsoon rains and the daily care I gave them. I loved watching the beautiful bright yellow-orange flowers bloom.

One day in mid September, I noticed a squash forming!  I had visions of baking the squash in warm oven on a chilly fall day. 
A few days later I happened to notice the baby squash was 
eaten by a lucky critter, probably a squirrel or a skunk. But I still had faith it would grow nicely in spite of the eaten squashes. 

Early October, before any more fruits developed, Jack Frost came and waved his frozen wand over all the plants here in Utah. The Squash plants withered and sunk into the earth. It would seem that all my inspired action had turned into failure. But,  I had crops frozen before so I took it in stride. I let it go. I still loved eating squash and still had the vision of baking it in the warm oven on a chilly fall day.

A few days after the frost my husband went to get hay for our animals and brought me a spaghetti squash! I was so delighted. The man who sells us hay had shared his crop with us. A week later, we went to buy 4 more big bales for winter. The man said, " Go to the back of my truck and get yourself a few squashes" I went back to his truck bed and it was filled with beautifully formed spaghetti squashes. I chose two. So now I have 3 spaghetti squashes! I was so grateful and delighted that in spite of my dilemma with the squash bugs, the hungry critters, and the frost, I indeed received the squashes I had desired. Woo hoo ! Thank you universe !

As I sit in my kitchen writing this post, I am preheating my oven on a chilly fall day for delicious roast spaghetti squash. I have chills writing this because I can feel the magic in this process.

So the point is, do not give up your dream or desires. Keep a good attitude. Let go of the how and when. The gifts are revealed to you in ways you could not imagine.

A good tip is, the things we need do not manifest as quickly as the things we desire. So hold the desire as long as it makes you smile and let go of the need. Have faith and learn to love your life and appreciate the many miracles around you now.




Thank you, for visiting Deborah's Little Gems
(Page  views 41,608)

Until next time, Belive in your dreams !


No comments:

My Friend Had Covid

  My Friend Had Covid - Deborahs Little Gems Read :This is not a substitute for medical care or medication. This is a few suggestions for ma...